Stockholm Easter Weekend

28.3.16


Last weekend was one of the few weekends I had off, kind of. I still taught class on Sunday but had Friday and Saturday off so it's all good. Today, Monday, Swedes have off as well but we continued on with Mysore class today. I've been traveling a lot over the weekends but since it was Easter weekend it was a great opportunity to slow down and enjoy the beautiful city I live in. With the weather slowly turning and the light coming back it does Stockholm justice.

Believe it or not it has been 6 years since I have been living here and I still suck a Swedish, haha. Well, I guess it isn't so funny. I need to work on that somehow. It has been on my mind. However, finding the time to study is another issue. Right now a little daily is gonna have to do it. One problem is we don't have television which is one good way of learning the language beyond the normal flash cards, reading and conventional study. Another, is the times I have attempted to speak Swedish I get one of two responses: One being, "Huh?" And the other, "Lol. That's cute." I don't speak Swedish to be cute. So the motivation to speak is rather low for this native English speaker. I know. Excuses, excuses.

With that being said I should bush up on my Spanish because I am headed to Barcelona on Wednesday! I did study that in school and the language is definitely part of the cultural fabric of the U.S. but I don't think I will have enough to get by. I also hear in Spain the accent is rather different. In a way I want to be good at languages and in another I feel so overwhelmed by it.

Instead of longer daylight I wish there were simply more hours in a day.


One of Stockholm's Unique Tunnelbanna Stations

At Rosendal's Trädgård

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger