Different Wells

27.1.12

Green Hotel - Mysore, India





There are different wells within your heart.  
Some fill with each good rain,  
Others are far too deep for that.  
In one well You have just a few precious cups of water,  
That “love” is literally something of yourself,   
It can grow as slow as a diamond If it is lost. 
Your love should never be offered to the mouth of a  
Stranger, only to someone
Who has the valor and daring
To cut pieces of their soul off with a knife 
Then weave them into a blanket  
To protect you. There are different wells within us.  
Some fill with each good rain,  
Others are far, far too deep For that. 
- Hafiz

I'm a Hafiz and Rumi junkie. There is not one thing they have written that hasn't moved me on some level. The idea of the ecstatic dance they lived in fascinates me. The above poem came in perfect timing. I am entering a stage where it has become ever more important to keep watch over where I fill my well, so to speak. Where I take my energy, and who I spend my time with. Most importantly, keeping those who have offered their souls, who have given courageously in friendship and in love, close to my heart. Never taking any of it for granted. 

1 Insightful Comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice piece Laruga, came timely as I reflect upon my own well too! Your blog is inspiring and I love the energy that you are sending out through your beautiful pics - makes me miss mysore even more! Thanks again for sharing. Peace and joy always.

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger