Honoring MLK

19.1.09






Everybody can be great. Because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and your verb agree to serve…. You don’t have to know the second theory of thermodynamics in physics to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.


~ Martin Luther King, Jr. on the power of service.




Since being in India, I am more convinced than ever before, that the method of non-violent resistance is the most potent weapon available to oppressed people in their struggle for justice and human dignity.


~
Martin Luther King, Jr. speaking on his trip to India.



On this day I've come to a place where I'm left asking the question...How can I serve? Instead of following every want and desire that comes my way, why not focus on adding value instead of taking, all the while, still listening and fulfilling my own heart.

An interesting and exciting place to be.



0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger