The Snow Keeps Falling

16.2.11


"Life is not complex. We are complex. Life is simple, and the simple thing is the right thing."

— Oscar Wilde

Yah. Part of me hasn't been totally checked into blogging in a good long while. I've written posts here and there, but not as much as I have in the past. I do miss it. Really. With that being said, I haven't had ample time to sit down long enough to dig in and collect my thoughts. And well, soon, it looks like I'll be heading into a more stable routine. It's taken a while. Also, I have several projects in the works, which hopefully I'll be able to share here, soon! It's exciting, although, slow going. Things are developing, step, by meager step. The good thing is, little, tiny steps, become big leaps, so every little bit of effort counts.

You know, these little steps have taught me much. I mean, really. Through bumps in the road I've learned just what it means to persevere, all the while, staying true to myself, not being drawn wayward into negative places for very long.  Living in Sweden has taught me just that. A new place. A new culture, but also, I've had to come to terms with the heaviness that comes with being centered in the mind, while growing into the levity of the heart. When I allow my thoughts to run away with me, and how I view my external environment, it makes everything that much harder. I struggle more. I'm not at peace. Putting myself out of the equation, as much as possible, while finding ways to be useful, has been a wonderful lesson. I'm not talking about big things - even in the smallest of situations - how can I add value?. Can I soften in every area of my life? It's been a question that has put much into perspective for me.

Since coming back from our fourth trip to India I still feel the bittersweet-ness of having to come home, but the burn doesn't hurt nearly as much as it has in the past. Everything changes. Life is easier there anyhow, and if I can make it here, well, I can make it anywhere! Hahaha. Except, coming home to the contracted nature of winter has made my body ache during morning practices. Yes, my body craves the sweaty warmth of KPJAYI. It's not even the temperature, but the energy. I hop on the wave and go! Whereas, back home, during self-practice, I gotta get the wave started then I hop on. A slower going process. Ahhhh, tapas. You're all I need. Hee, hee.

And well, winter is STILL here. The snow keeps falling. I'm learning to love Old Man Winter. I have no choice.

3 Insightful Comments:

Arturo said...

Dear Laruga
Oh, you're back home. I wasn't sure if you were still in Mysore. Your analysis of your relationship to your surroundings resonates with me.
hugs
Arturo

Unknown said...

Its found interesting to read your thoughts here. Always wish to keep and hoppe we can..... Keep our life in a simpler way avoiding all its complexities, eventhough we can't.My dependence is always on yoga to keep mind and body relaxed.

peaceloveyoga said...

@ Arturo - Nice to hear from you! Yeah, I'm back in snowy Stockholm, but it's nice to be back! I just keep dreaming of Spring!!!

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger