Friday Quote

31.5.13

I have made mysterious Nature my religion. I do not believe that a man is any nearer to God for being clad in priestly garments, nor that one place in a town is better adapted to meditation than another. When I gaze at a sunset sky and spend hours contemplating its marvelous ever-changing beauty, an extraordinary emotion overwhelms me. Nature in all its vastness is truthfully reflected in my sincere though feeble soul. Around me are the trees stretching up their branches to the skies, the perfumed flowers gladdening the meadow, the gentle grass-carpeted earth, …and my hands unconsciously assume an attitude of adoration. …To feel the supreme and moving beauty of the spectacle to which Nature invites her ephemeral guests! …that is what I call prayer.

(Claude Debussy)

1 Insightful Comments:

Unknown said...

The beauty of nature is a great gift from The Creator. It shows His love for humanity as He knew we needed this reminder on a daily basis. Thank you Laruga for sharing it. m.

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger