The highest form of human intelligence is to observe yourself without judgment.
~ J. Krishnamurti
Steps To Opening the Mind
1. Know that you are going to identify with your worldview at every stage of personal growth.
2. Accept that these identifications are temporary. You will never be truly yourself until you reach unity.
3. Be willing to change your identity every day. Take a flexible attitude. Don't defend an "I" that you know is just temporary.
4. Allow your ability to quietly observe without judgment to replace the ingrained ideas you reach for automatically.
5. When you have the impulse to struggle, use that as an immediate signal to let go. Open a space for a new answer to unfold on its own.
6. When you can't let go, forgive yourself and move on.
7. Use every opportunity to tell yourself that all viewpoints are valid, every experience valuable, every insight a moment of freedom.
~ extracted from Life After Death: A Burden of Proof, by Deepak Chopra