Nochevieja

31.12.07

I slept and dreamt that life was joy
I awoke and saw that life was service

I acted and behold service was joy.


~Rabindranath Tagore



Practice today was simply nice...calm, and soothing...just what I needed as always. I can never express enough how thankful I am to have such an amazing tool to fall back on. It is really the one thing that has changed the course of my life more than anything...to commit to this daily discipline. I am filled with gratitude to all of my extraordinary teachers as well...I often think of the 'pioneers' who ventured off to India knocking on Sri K. Pattabhi Jois's door to teach them this fascinating method of yoga practice. Back then yoga was not nearly as popular as it is now in the west...and it really takes alot of guts to go against the grain and discover something new even though not popular. So, I am thankful to those who shared this passion. It makes me wonder...would I be comfortable going outside my comfort zone...even though it is deemed unpopular but spoke to my heart? I dunno. But, part of me has that pioneering spirit...and I'm always like...what's next??? What more can I learn and discover?

With it being the last day of the year I have the tendency to be reflective. So many changes have taken place. Never would I have thought some of the things that have happened to me would have in 2007. And...I have learned the importance of being present. The everyday is the training ground for more learning...more acceptance and compassion...

I don't really do resolutions. But, there are three things I would like to focus on in 2008. I want to learn Spanish. Wouldn't that be nice?

Also...I would like to establish a consistent meditation practice. I've been lucky to have kept up my yoga practice without falling off the wagon...staying consistent, and diligent with showing up for the past seven years I have been doing Ashtanga. However, my meditation practice has not been so consistent...I've had times of consistency to then let everything fall off...to pick it up again...to fall off...to pick it up. Yeah. But, I think I'm ready to make it a bigger part of my life and routine. I mean...what else could I be doing...watching T.V.??? Watching another crazy reality show?? Please!! I'm down with the real reality. So I will meditate.

And lastly, I would like to find ways to be more of service. It is something I am looking into...and its an important thing for me at this time. Giving back.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe New Years celebration...and a blessed 2008.

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger