Next stop. Sweden!
Yes, home of the Nobel Peace Prize, Volvo and ABBA...but, there is much more to this great country than meets the eye, and the fact there's a really great guy from there, who I adore and love with all my heart, makes the place all the more lovely.
Quick Sweden Facts
- Sweden has one of the highest life expectancy rates and one of the lowest birth rates in the world...and a literacy rate of 99%...(Wow!).
- Sweden is located in Northern Europe, hosting over 9 million people, and the capital is Stockholm.
- Both IKEA and H&M are modern Swedish retail stores.
- The far north of Sweden is sometimes called "the land of the midnight sun." During midsummer the sky becomes light again once twilight has been reached.
- Geographically, Sweden is characterized by its long coastlines, large forests (55%) and numerous lakes.
Okay. I've only listed the bare minimum. But, I'm sure there will be more to follow. Will be in Stockholm, and I'm beyond excited to discover this fascinating city. Stay tuned.