River

26.3.13



Emeli Sandé - River
If you're looking for the big adventureand gold is all that's on your mindIf all you want's someone to take your picturethen I won't waste your time.See, maybe I'm too quiet for youyou probably never noticed mebut if you're too big to follow rivershow you ever gonna find the sea?

Chorus:so follow me i'll be your river, riverI'll do the running for youfollow me i'll be your river, riveri'll move the mountains for youfollow me, i'll be your river, riveri'm here to keep you floatingfollow mei'll be your river river. River, river, yeah
If all you want are answers to your questionsAnd you can't seem to find no love for freeIf you're looking for the right directionThen darling, look for me
See, I can make the load much lighterI just need you to confide in mebut if you're too proud to follow rivershow you ever gonna find the sea?

Chorus:so follow me, i'll be your river, riverI'll do the running for youfollow me, i'll be your river, riveri'll move the mountains for youfollow me. i'll be your river, riverI'm here to keep you floatingfollow me i'll be your river, river. River, river, yeah

Wherever you're standing, I will be by your sidethrough the good, through the bad, i'll never be hard to findso wherever you're standing I will be by your sidethrough the good, through the bad, i'll never be hard to find

Chorus:so follow me, i'll be your river, riverI'll do the running for youfollow me, i'll be your river, riveri'll move the mountains for youfollow me. I'll be your river, riverI'm here to keep you floatingfollow me, I'll be your river, river. River, river, yeah
Wherever you're standing, I will be by your side

Through the good, through the bad, I'll never be hard to find




* * *

I've been loving the vocal stylings of Emeli Sandé. Refreshing. Different. I find great pleasure in finding musical artist that fly a little below the radar. She's a gem and the above song is one of my favorites, specifically because of the lyrics, and it is a treat to hear it through such a exquisite voice. Everyday I am challenged in letting go. A constant theme. Many times I have resisted in letting go; however, when I finally do it seems a greater possibility opens. 

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger