"Here within the heart, the Self shines in its captivating splendor like a noonday sun."


~St. Teresa of Avila



More and more I find that it doesn't matter where I am per-say that fills me...but, what fills me up are those moments where I feel present with everything and everyone around me. For me, that is what bliss is...the feeling of that connection. When I feel like these moments are few and far between its a sign that something is pulling me out of alignment with who I am. Its this constant learning and discovery process...starting with simple awareness...

As of late since making it back from Mexico I've had strong moments of being pulled out of that alignment. Thankfully, I have my daily practice and visit to the mat to bring me back. For some reason when on the mat the flow seems to take over seamlessly. However, my challenge has been taking that Presence off the mat, and into life as much as possible. Even through the evolution of my asana practice, as poses become increasingly more difficult...or challenging...the completion of these postures isn't really where the richness of the practice lies...even though it is fun learning something new. Its my mind...training the mind that becomes the exciting part...quieting the party that goes on in the head as I begin to feel more of the realness of who I am...how easy it is to get carried away by an array of thoughts and worries. Ahhh...so much worry...I guess that is where trust comes in...a trust in the process...an unfolding if you will. It can be a challenge to sit back and see the beauty in it...even though all I want to do is run from it...

I remember sitting atop one of the pyramids on Monte Alban in Oaxaca, MX...and everything was so still. On the horizon were mountains en-circling the plateau...and in that stillness I felt as if I could disappear...as if I was connecting to something bigger...and it felt soooo good. The me, the my...didn't seem so important. What I wanted or hoped to achieve was all lost...and all there was, was that moment...and there was no other place I wanted to be but there feeling the feeling of complete stillness and connection...

What a dance...to be so caught up in it...and then for it to be lost again...but there is no need to seek for it, because its always here...we just forget, and its time to remember again...




0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger