Today

8.6.08

"Facts are accumulated by effort, but truth reveals itself effortlessly."

~Power vs. Force, by David R. Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D.


Sure thing, I practiced today...no day off. Felt I needed it, was inspired to, and didn't practice last Sunday, because of all the moving...so this morning was my make up day. It felt great. I felt energized!! Columbus has been going through a mini-heatwave, and I love it. I'm the type of person who would rather be too hot, than too cold. Makes me nostalgic for India. Sigh.

No matter, I will be heading off to another place with plenty of warm temps. Its hard to believe that soon I'll be headed out of the country. Hasn't really hit me yet.

Often times, in the past, I've ended up looking way ahead toward the future, while missing out with what was right in front of me...thinking there was better fulfillment ahead. So, even though what's coming is on my mind...I'm doing my best to be present with what is going on now. May sound silly, but I've already done too much living in the future stuff. Walking into this new teaching job, I don't wanna go in with lofty expectations, or desires. There is definitely an element of the unknown that I will be heading toward, and that is where I would like it to stay. Besides, what I attend to today will leave me better prepared for what's up ahead.

"The pessimistic position of cynical skepticism stems from fear, while the more optimistic manner of accepting information arises from self-confidence."

~Power vs. Force, David R. Hawkins, M.D., P.h.D.


In case you hadn't noticed, I'm rereading one of my favorites...Power vs. Force, so just to be annoying, I'll be quoting some of my favorite passages in future posts. Lol. Love this book!!

So, in the mean time, I'll be putting together curriculum for several workshops planned...and reading, of course. Plain and simple. The last several months, I've had the freedom...thank you...and time to get in touch with myself, and with life...and I feel reinvigorated. There is a season for everything. There is a time to reflect...lay low, and be...and a time to make manifest with what was simmering while immersed in just being. I don't have it down perfect, naturally, but it gives me hope that moving forward...hopefully...maybe, just maybe I'm a bit wiser.


"When the mind grows silent, the thought I am also disappears, and Pure Awareness shines forth to illuminate what one is, was, and always will be, beyond all worlds and all universes--infinite and beyond time."

~Power vs. Force, David R. Hawkins, M.D., P.h.D.

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger