"Man thinks he lives by virtue of the forces he can control, but in fact, he's governed by power from unrevealed sources, power over which he has no control. Because power is effortless, it goes unseen and unsuspected. Force is experienced through the senses; power can be recognized only through inner awareness. Man is immobilized in his present condition by his alignment with enormously powerful attractor energy patterns, which he himself unconsciously sets in motion. Moment by moment, he is suspended at this state of evolution, restrained by the energies of force, impelled by the energies of power."

~excerpt from Power vs. Force, by David R. Hawkins, M.D., PhD


Went from feeling electric yesterday...to feeling a bit sluggish today. Felt more resistance in the body. However, I'm finding the asana between the ears has such a deep impact on the quality of practice. I feel close to breaking free...but, I'm also learning it cannot be forced. The harder we grasp the more elusive it all becomes. And, once broken free at one stage...there is always another bridge to cross, another challenge to overcome...another skin to shed.

Speaking of shedding skin. I chopped my hair today...releasing the conjured up image of what society deems beautiful. I used to fight my curly hair and wear it straight, and I've always had the idea that long flowing straight hair was the image of beauty and femininity. Over several years ago I decided to stop fighting my hair and sport the curls like God gave me. This is me, this is what I am. So, in the process of practicing non-attachment, I cut...or a good friend of mine did... still trying to get used to it...still releasing that image. Change is good. Change is always happening. My new mantra. No matter what I must own it. lol. How come as women hair is such a big deal?

I feel compelled to make things simpler.

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger