Practice, Check In

22.9.08

Be soft in your practice. Think of the method as a fine silvery stream, not a raging waterfall. Follow the stream, have faith in its course. It will go its own way, meandering here, trickling there. It will find the grooves, the cracks, the crevices. Just follow it. Never let it out of your sight. It will take you...

~ Sheng-yen

In the last two months I've been going through a deconstruction, and a rebuilding of my yoga practice, on many levels. For one, I had to reconsider my intention regarding my practice. I mean, its something valuable to revisit from time to time. Why? Because I say so. Kidding. But really, I've had to re-ask. Why do I do this? What is the purpose? Why do I get up at 3:30am to then move, breathe and sweat for two hours? Is is it blind faith? Then, after the litany of questions, the answer becomes pretty darn simple. Does there need to be a point? Maybe, maybe not. Back down the rabbit hole. Shit. Who cares. Practice and all is coming...right? Two, with me diligently addressing the issue with my back, I had to be conscious of whether my practice was adding to my path of healing, or harboring it. Which, I might add, has nothing to do with the practice itself, but simply how I was maneuvering with in it. Three, well...I've found that our practices aren't static things...naturally, with that being said, in the wee hours of the morning, I've been going back to the basics. And, I've really enjoyed it. Sometimes you have to slow down to speed up...

The Doaist master gave me a pretty tall order moving forward. I cringe, because I haven't started yet. Me and my procrastination. Its been an interesting exchange. Even though he doesn't know a lick of English...and, my friend Amber must translate. I get it. I get him...and I don't know why exactly. And, he never seems to hesitate to tell me that I'm very lucky to have met him. Hahaha.

The other day, he told me he would ask I receive a blessing, after he made his daily hike up the mountain where atop sits a Buddhist temple...the place I first met him.

I was touched. Simply touched.

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger