Identification or Growth?

5.9.08





"What is a teacher? I'll tell you: it isn't someone who teaches something, but someone who inspires the student to give of her best in order to discover what she already knows."

~ the novel, The Witch of Portobello, by Paulo Coelho



Yes. You can find a teacher in the most unlikely of places.

Recently, I've had to approach the practice in a whole new way. The body worker I've been seeing has opened my eyes.

Was pleasantly surprised by his insights regarding my energy, and some of what he said I've taken to heart and into practice...it's made all the difference miraculously. Like for instance. Believe it or not, I had a huge amount of chi (call it prana or energy) stuck in my low back. If you are coming from a western perspective then it may seem a bit unbelievable. But, I've been there done that. So, at the moment I'm a bit speechless. Once I've gathered the meaning and significance of what I've learned I may share it...or not. But, if I were to try right now it may not make any sense.

It's funny how I had the foresight, but needed the affirmation from someone else. But, when the signs are there, it would be silly not to listen or experiment with approaching things differently. Or continue spinning on the same wheel. Why do that?

If I am to evolve and grow it will be an important part of the process. Sometimes we can get so stuck...by identifying with things that may not be working anymore. So what is more important the identification or the growth?

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger