I Couldn't Resist

17.9.08

"I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables--slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war...our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

~ Fight Club, 1999



I've been sitting in a interesting place recently. Reflective. Solitary. Contemplative. In these moments there has been a feeling of fullness, instead of lack or loneliness. Maybe, more of a sense of ease and relaxation. Calm. I keep remembering what the Doaist said...Be calm. Always.

I've observed places where there is a tendency to resist, and it feels good to let go.

I've taken notice at how unkind I can be with myself, and how everything begins with how I feel about me. Why battle? What's the point? I mean, what standard am I trying to live up too? Isn't what my heart tells me of most importance...even if deemed unpopular with the way of society?

The interesting part is not to look at society as the problem...It is a question of am I willing and open to being different...can I be comfortable with it...can I find comfort IN it?

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger