Panchakarma Day One

14.3.09









"The most beautiful emotion we can experience is the mystical. It is the power of true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms - this knowledge, this feeling, is at the center of true religiousness."

~ Albert Einstein, His Life And Times


Today I started the process of panchakarma. I'm doing only a light version because Dr. Kumar stressed the fact I'm already in good health, and in turn, can bring my body and digestive system into better balance, which were my concerns going in. Also, with the change in seasons it's always beneficial to participate in some type of detox or cleansing program...clearing away the old to bring in the new. With fasting it isn't only a time to renew the body, but also the mind and spirit. A time to reflect. A time to get rid of old psychic baggage, and grievances, and replace them with greater understanding compassion, and clearer intentions centered around one's heart's calling.

Dr. Kumar's staff were absolutely lovely and supportive. I went to the clinic early and all that was required for today was to drink a small cup of ghee, chased with hot water. Before consuming the ghee, three of the staff members and I stood in from of the alter in the clinic and they began chanting. I wasn't expecting this, but what a wonderful way to start the process. Kinda set the mood.

I successfully prepared the kitchari last night. This is what I'll be eating mostly for the duration of the panchakarma, along with a few choice things.

Dr. Kumar, also stressed that I should lay pretty low for the entire week, except for my morning practice, which I can still do. I have no problem taking time out to relax. My only reservation is the fact that I may not be able to make it to the children's home this week. Those dear children, they're so much fun.

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger