Panchakarma Day Seven

20.3.09







"Love is everything it's cracked up to be...it's really worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for."

~ Erica Jong


Last day of Panchakarma.

With being the day after Vireachana, practice was interesting this morning. Lead Primary. Started off feeling light and strong, until back bending. Whew. It kicked up a whole slew of nausea and weakness. Wiped me out. I'm sweating more profusely, too. It's almost as if the pores in my body are more open and able to release.

Only eating rice soup and kitchari today.

Tomorrow, I follow up with Dr. Kumar in the morning. Adding fruit and veggies to my diet, and he'll give me a course of herbs to take, fit specific for my needs.

All in all, the process has been enlightening. Yeah. I may have lost a little weight, but that's not what I'm talking about. I feel light emotionally and spiritually, most importantly. When forced to power down, and let go of outside stimulation, even looking to food for it, a greater sense of freedom is found. Especially allowing the old to release to bring in the new.

It feels good. Like a new beginning.

5 Insightful Comments:

asd7741 said...

sounds like a great feeling :D ... newness

asd7741 said...

by the way, i think its really great that you smile during your practice in those videos!! most people do not smile while doing ashtanga... why is that? perhaps because it's difficult?

;)

Tiko said...

Congrats on completing your panchakarma! Enjoy that renewed feeling...:)

peaceloveyoga said...

Thanks ladies!!

Matea...yeah, sometimes I'm not even conscious of smiling. However, a long time ago I had a teacher see me straining my face when doing a posture and he told me my face should always be relaxed when doing yoga...kinda stuck with me. Also, sometimes Sharath says some pretty funny things in class too...can't help but smile.

(0v0) said...

:-)

Looking good indeed.

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger