More Beautiful Views of Chiayi

15.7.08




The person who, being really on the Way, falls upon hard times in the world, will not, as a consequence, turn to that friend who offers him refuge and comfort and encourages their old self to survive. Rather, he will seek out someone who will faithfully and inexorably help him to risk himself, so that he may endure the difficulty and pass courageously through it. Only to the extent that a person exposes himself over and over again to annihilation, can that which is indestructible be found within them. In this daring lies dignity and the spirit of true awakening.

~Karlfried von Durkheim








Remember how I mentioned taking that hike last Saturday. Well, my calf muscles finally feel normal. It was a great hike. But, wow, I wasn't expecting to get as sore as I did from it. One of the Mysore regulars lead the hike...who I must mention is 61 years young! Not only that, but she can catch her own ankles after drop-backs. Unbelievable. What an inspiration. Not really for just what she can still do asana wise...but, having the attitude that anything is possible at any age...why let stop you? It's great.

The Taiwanese people, at least in Chiayi, are really into their exercise. Age doesn't seem to stop them or bother them. It was very amusing when a man passed our group on the hike...some in the group new him, and they told me he was 80!! Whoa! It's funny though, when I try to guess people's ages here I alway get it way off. People seem to look much younger than they are.

Forever young. I feel that in my heart. Even when I tell people my age it is always a bit of a surprise, because I feel much younger than I am. Is that strange? It's nice to get examples of those who continue to live life fully no matter what age.

Looks like I'll be teaching several more classes. Mr. Wang ran a couple of things by me. I decided...why not? He told me it seems like I have lots of energy so I can handle it. Hahaha. We'll see how it goes.

2 Insightful Comments:

Unknown said...

i just have to say that photo of your niece warms the cockles of my heart :)
people over here in thailand are workout hounds, too!
i think it keeps them young like you said. much of asia loves ashtanga, maybe that's why

peaceloveyoga said...

yes! Thank you...my niece is something special.

I guess over in asia the saying if you don't use it you lose goes perfectly...

:)

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger