What is at rest is easily managed.

What is not yet manifest is easy to prevent.
The brittle is easily shattered;
the small is easily scattered.


Act before things exist;
manage them before there is disorder.

Remember:

A tree that fills a man's embrace grows from a seedling.
A tower nine stories starts with one brick.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Act and destroy it;
grasp it and lose it.

The sage does not act, and so is not defeated.

He does not grasp and therefore does not lose.
People usually fail when they are on the verge of success.

So give as much care at the end as at the beginning,
then there will be no failure.

The sage does not treasure what is difficult to attain.
He does not collect precious things;

he learns not to hold on to ideas.

He helps the 10,000 things find their own nature

but does not venture to lead them by the nose.


~ The Tao Te Ching, 64th verse




Didn't sleep well...Had several mosquitoes bless me with their presence as they feasted on my body all night. Ugh. With the extra bought of rain it's inevitable. More mosquitoes...fun, fun. At least they aren't as bad as the one's in Thailand...I swear they had fangs...They were something evil.

Besides the mosquitoes, I really need to get my sleep schedule on track. I've been getting to bed late and getting up early, early, early...and it's catching up with me.

Ha. With the change in diet, digestion has been an issue too...Haven't felt normal in that area for a while, but they tell me it will take time to adjust. I've been eating all the different types of fruits, and veggies...even though it's healthy it can have an effect. The other day one of the Mysore students, who happens to be a Doctor in Chinese medicine, gave me a reading by touching the pulse points on my wrist. That was very interesting. Just by reading my pulse, he was able to clue me in on what's going on with my body. Fascinating.

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger