A truly good man is not aware of his goodness

and is therefore good.
A foolish man tries to be good
and is therefore not good.

The master does nothing,
yet he leaves nothing undone.
The ordinary man is always doing things,
yet many more are left to be done.

The highest virture is to act with out a sense of self.
The highest kindness is to give without condition.
The highest justice is to see without preference.

When the Tao is lost, there is goodness.
When goodness is lost, there is morality.
When morality is lost, there is ritual.
Ritual is the husk of true faith,
the beginning of chaos.

The great master follows his own nature
and not the trappings of life.
It is said:
"He stays with the fruit and not the fluff."
"He stays with the firm and not the flimsy."
"He stays with the true and not the false."

~ The Tao Te Ching, 38th verse




It's amazing how things have a way of coming together. In the days since coming to Taiwan, I've enjoyed just sitting back...watching...looking...observing...and, some how with that, much comes to light.

Even with teaching there isn't much that needs to be done per say...I watch...just as much if not more than I do. Then the clarity comes.

I've found a sense of ease in teaching without language. With the students not understanding much of my English. When teaching, it becomes more about doing the practice...not so much about talking, or verbalizing the practice into words. The realization has come that not much needs to be said. I've found ways to teach with my hands...I breath with the students...I find ways to communicate on a subtle level...and it works. I'm surprised just how well it works.

I start by saying a few simple things that the students can easily understand...and we get to it...because the practice speaks for itself...the practice itself brings in the wisdom, the light, and the clarity to those who practice and do the work...all I do is help move the energy along.

I feel blessed to see that light shine through...I feel continually inspired when I see students transform. Wow...I feel lucky to do what I do...and I'm filled with gratitude to be present in such a space.

1 Insightful Comments:

Wayne said...

"all I do is help move the energy along" - beautiful!

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger