Decoys to the Truth

12.10.08




More tears are shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones.

~ St. Teresa of Avila




Decoys to the Truth. I cannot coin the phase. I take this one from a close, and dear friend of mine Nicol. Who, in all her glory, has a way of shedding light on things that challenge the way I think and the collection of 'beliefs' I've acquired.

Yes. In an election that is winding down...and the drama that stirs around it, its True...they are all decoys to the Truth. I mean really. C'mon. The essential Truth.

Its the same story...a different time. Its the same drama...a different millennium. Drone, drone drone. When will we tire of it and take the evolutionary leap forward.

I love what David Wolfe says...its not the new news...its the old news.

Yes! I couldn't agree more. Its the same conflict...different year. Its the same small group of people burning the American flag, stomping on it, in some Middle East country, portrayed by the media, to...gasp...make us fearful. Its the same food item...that is so very bad for us now...to then be told it is good for us...then bad again. Its the same countries...going to war with each other...for centuries!! Its the same old, tired, been-done-before-one-to-many-times story.

It seems to me that there are some who are more vested in conflict, war, and strife...than peace, resolution, and unity.

It seems that we will fight to the death to hold on to a set of Beliefs that we don't even have the slightest idea how they were forged...why...and where they came from in the first place. I mean, look at the word. Lie is in the word itself. Beliefs...are conjured up things...thoughts...that may have had a time and place, at one time...but maybe it is time to revisit some of them, again.

I sit in a new place where I am more comfortable with, someone or something, shattering everything I ever thought I knew. To view something at a different angle is refreshing...and yes, sometimes scary. But it is necessary, if we are to grow...it is time to take a hard look at things.

In no way can I say that I will be immune to breaking certain belief systems. But, all I can say is I am open to various perspectives.

Really...many times we like to get into these games where one must be wrong, so the other can be right. What is the purpose really? To feel more superior? To have some sort of illusionary comfort that yes...I am Right...and everyone who thinks and feels differently is Wrong.

The Truth is...there is a Way that transcends all dualities.

Maybe instead of falling into the trap of right and wrong we can enter into a place of understanding...and common ground. As much as we want to think that we are all different and separate from each other, it isn't the Truth. It just isn't. We are One...and, we can do all we can to deny and fight it...but, in end, it does a great dis-service to the world, to ourselves, and to future generations.

The challenge is to Let Go...and enter into new place. But, the question is, how many are willing?

2 Insightful Comments:

Tracy said...

I swear...you are SO insightful and wise. I feel that if you were to write a book, it would be right up there with the Eckhart Tolles~and I mean that in all sincerity. Your blog is a lesson to all and should be required reading.You say things that people think about and know to be true...but we just can't put it out there as eloquently as you do.
love you friend~

peaceloveyoga said...

Tracy...you are too kind. Truthfully I am so FAR from Eckhart Tolle's state that it is laughable...but, these are things that I ponder and contemplate from time to time, and feels good to express them here.

Thank you again.

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger