We waste our time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love.

~ Tom Robbins

In Taiwan, family is a big deal. Togetherness is the hallmark. In the U.S., personal space is a bit beyond arms length. Here, I've learned, personal space is just about shoulder to shoulder. People like to be close to one another. Right away you become part of the family. Right away there is acceptance. People are sincerely humble. It's been quite fascinating. It's softened me.

I always get the question about marriage, naturally. They ask me if I desire to get married? Do I want to have children? And I really don't have a solid answer.

Simply put, I haven't had a relationship that merited marriage. Long ago, in my past, I felt it was something that I wanted because it was what was supposed to happen next in life. But, now I just don't know.

I don't want a relationship where we feed on each other's weaknesses...filling each other's gaps. I desire a partnership where both people are intent on filling there own cup...living their passions...and then, come together in the bliss of there 'own' happiness and fulfillment.

I would rather be with someone that desires to stand by me because the truly want to be there....not because they are locked into a marriage...or because they just don't want to be alone.

I will always believe in love. This is true.

At any rate, it's an interesting time in my life. Let's just say I'm open. Open to whatever. I'm not saying yes. I'm not saying no.

1 Insightful Comments:

Tash said...

What a lovely way of looking at life. Society is all about finding the perfect one, settling down and that's the end of that. I love the calmness and lack of expectations that you have and hope that I have a sliver of that in my life. Thanks for sharing your thoughts

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger