Practice

23.10.08



Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won't adhere to any rules. The most any of us can do is to sign on as its accomplice. Instead of vowing to honor and obey, maybe we should swear to aid and abet. That would mean that security is out of the question. The words "make" and "stay" become inappropriate. My love for you has no strings attached. I love you for free.

~ Tom Robbins



I haven't spoke on the topic of yoga practice lately. Sincerely, I feel due to work with a teacher. This has been the longest stint for me. Les Brown says...you can't see the picture when you are in the frame. It's always a positive experience to have another set of eyes guide one along. But, the spaces between working extensively with a teacher are enriching. The interlude gives me a chance to absorb and grow into the expansion. I have definitely felt that calling after my 4 month stay in Mysore, India last year. I was blessed with many insights physically and internally...and to then put it all into practice and experience it on my own is a priceless undertaking. I took the time to closely look at things. A marinating of sorts.

By cultivating a fairly strong self-practice it has given me the freedom and discipline to roll out my mat just about anywhere, and everywhere...and believe me...I have!! Some places haven't been the most conducive...others were just right. I guess that is where the true practice of yoga begins...no matter where...no matter what the external environment entails...it gives us the opportunity to dig deep and find the serenity that lies within.

Yes. I'm on the quest of tapping into the teacher within. But also, surrounding oneself in a community is important. Standing in the presence of someone who exemplifies IT...you feel it...you know it...they know it...they see you...they see the potential that you aren't even aware of or know you have. It is nice to get that push. To be inspired. Learning to surrender. Stepping outside of thinking I know.

I see the benefit. Both are important. Establishing a self-practice that you can take with you anywhere is empowering. Directing oneself from the inside out. Because inevitably, we must walk through it alone. In the end, it is up to us to trust that we can. But also, asking for help and knowing that it is needed...there is an act of strength in that as well. For we are all truly connected, and having the assistance to walk forward is a beautiful thing.

The physical intensity of my practice may have wavered a bit. But, the intensity of my devotion...the desire to connect to the Higher aspect has grown. The Essence...call it God...call it whatever you like is the main player in this whole game.

How many of us can honestly say we have fallen to our knees and been willing to give it all up?...all of it...just to get a taste of what it would be like...to enter in...and cease...to cease what it is that you thought you ever knew about this life? Then, my friend, let me just say...that is where living really begins to take on a whole new shape...

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger