Hiking

11.10.08





Christ has no body now on earth but yours,
no hands but yours, no feet but yours,
Yours are the eyes through which is to look out
Christ's compassion to the world;
Yours are the feet with which he is to go about doing good;
Yours are the hands with which he is to bless men now.

~ St. Teresa of Avila




What a wonderful hike today.

Our usual group went on our usual hike this morning. However, we ventured out to a different location lead by a most generous guide who we met on our hike last Saturday.

Its a funny story how we met this man. When we made it to the summit of our hike last week our group struck up a conversation with him regarding his skin. You see, he had the most luminous skin I have ever seen. And, of course the women in the group wanted to know...what do you do?...do you use cream?...what is your secret?...do you stay out of the sun? Of course he doesn't do any of those things. Hahaha...pretty funny. For a man of 54 years, he had the best looking skin I've ever seen on someone his age or someone half his age. Simply put, he told us that he hikes in the mountains everyday....and also, does this interesting ritual of yelling out...a kind of bellow...into the wild.

Just like the Doasist told me...there is something very powerful to the mountain energy here in Taiwan...and he too...hikes just about everyday and swears by it.

I felt I had enetered paradise. Our guide took us to a place, high up, with an abundance of waterfalls, and lush greenery. Even though some of the climbs took my breath away, I felt a charge of energy magnify my body. (Pictures will come later).

Which was the very opposite to yesterday when my friend Amber desperately wanted to take me to Taichung to their famous department store...and, to give me a taste of the city, since I will be moving there in the next several days.

I can't seem to tolerate crowds or shopping for long anymore. What has happend? I used to love to shop. Just after 20 minutes I felt I wanted to leave as my energy started to drain from my body. But, I pervailed.

Even though I had in my mind a couple things I wanted to buy I only ended up with some face cleanser and a Moleskine Journal. Ahhh. I love my Moleskines!



Pick one up. I gurantee it will inspire you to write something down on paper. :)

1 Insightful Comments:

Tracy said...

laruga~
it just sounds so incredibly magical to be where you are...i never would have known if you had not have gone and posted all of these things.
and your quote...wow. so true...in SO many ways~
were you able to contact g about the place in january? if not..would you like me to for you?
just thinking about you and wondering~
xoxo tracy

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger