Priviliged Lovers

20.10.08





The Privileged Lovers

The moon has become a dancer
at this festival of love.

This dance of light,

This sacred blessing,
This divine love,

beckons us

to a world beyond
only lovers can see
with their eyes of fiery passion.

They are chosen ones

Who have surrendered.

Once they were particles of light
now they are the radiant sun.
They have left behind
the world of deceitful games.
They are the privileged lovers

who create a new world
with their eyes of fiery passion.


~ Rumi



This could very well be my favorite Rumi poem. So hard to choose. No need to choose. They are all so special. They all carry resonance...sparking something inside that is impossible to explain.

Yesterday I finished a four part workshop series in Chaiyi, consisting of Ashtanga Yoga Principles and Practice, Bandhas and Awakening the Core, Jumping back/Jumping through, and Backbending.

Most in the group were from the farther southern reaches of Taiwan, and they brought up the topic of me going down by Tainon and Kaoshsiung to teach for several months next year. So, we'll see what happens on that front.

However, at the present, I'm in Taichung doing my best to spur on the practice of Ashtanga Yoga in a fast paced city. Ashtanga Yoga is still young here. Besides Taipei, it's unknown to many. Which makes the process fun. It's Mr. Wang's vision to spread the word of Mysore style practice to as many people as he can. He has such passion for it. Let's just say he has more passion for it in his pinky finger than I have in my whole body...haha...and, anyone who knows me, and knows me well...knows I have a strong passion for it as well.

With that being said...I'm gonna go practice.

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger