Cheers!

10.3.10



The fact about embarking to India is even with some of the frustrations that come with it there's always the call to go back. Dunno why that is. I guess the only thing I can say is that it's really like no other place in the world.

I just finished reading, Holy Cow, by Sarah MacDonald. What a hoot. The book got me so tickled. The author's sarcasm, wit and candor really made it, along with India as the background. It suited me as a proper post-India read. Below are some of my favorite experts from the book. So true. Omg. Sooo true!!!



"It's a bizarre scene -- full of foreigners attempting to figure out India. I'm beginning to think it's pointless to try. India is beyond statement, for anything you say, the opposite it also true. It's rich and poor, spiritual and material, cruel and kind, angry but peaceful, ugly and beautiful, and smart but stupid. It's all the extremes. India defies understanding, and for once, for me, that's okay."
(Holy Cow, by Sarah MacDonald)



"I'm trapped by the heat and by a never-ending series of juxtapositions. India is in some ways like a fun house hall of mirrors where I can see both sides of each contradiction sharply and there's no easy escape to understanding ..."

"I think about all the things I love about India and will miss the most. The drama, the dharma, the innocent exuberance of the festivals, the intensity of living, the piety in playfulness and the embrace of living day by day ..."

(Holy Cow, Sarah MacDonald)



However, let's just face it. I've come to the realization there's nothing like practicing at KPJAYI. There just isn't. The biggest reason for my return. I feel as if my batteries are recharged! I feel as if there's no better ride to be on. It's not always easy. It never is. But, like I've said before I didn't sign up to skim the surface. It's all or nothing. Or nothing at all.

4 Insightful Comments:

DeepGroov said...

I had been wanting to read that. Do you think I may borrow your book? It sounds great ! I am finishing the Age Of Shiva which is pretty good if you want to read it.

peaceloveyoga said...

Sure, you could borrow it. Would need your address and stuff to send it off. Let me know.

DeepGroov said...

Oh I am here in Mysore as well. What is your time? I just arrived a few days ago so I am a 915 but can meet up whenever.

peaceloveyoga said...

Oh. So sorry, but I left Mysore recently. It's too bad I've missed you!

Enjoy your time! xox

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger