Last Day!

2.4.09



In ancient times India did not exist as one country, but still, the land south of the Himalayas was considered one entity, despite many cultural differences between peoples. There was some sense of unity because of the common spiritual ethos they carried in them.

Spiritual ethos means, no matter what you "are," whether you are a king or a peasant, whatever is the nature of your activity, there is only one ultimate goal for everybody--liberation. Today, even the simplest farmer in this country will talk about mukti. This is a result of the phenomenal amount of spiritual work done in this country.

~ Sadhguru



' I am neither detachment nor salvation. Nor anything reached by the senses. I behold all thought and form. I am everywhere and nowhere at all. I am Consciousness and Bliss.'

~ Prayer from Lord Shiva



Photos by David Fredriksson

All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.

~ Martin Burber


The above passages were sent from a dear friend who is also leaving India. So, I had to share them, as well. I feel pretty ready to head out...I know I'll be back, so feelings of sadness aren't entirely present. Time to move on.

However, I did have a bit of that melancholy feeling when I rolled out my mat this morning. Simply put, it has really come to mean something to start my day in the shala. Leaves it's mark. Resonates my being. Can't explain it. Good thing is, I can carry the feeling forth as I tread new territory. Really, it all starts there, with a feeling. With the proper focus and truth.

Change is always present. I've had my taste of impermanence. This is the reality. But also, there is a place inward that never ceases in it's steadfastness. As we yoke all the parts of our being, we join and unite and enter into the spark that revives our spirit with passion and purpose...and it's all right here.

All we have to do is remember.

2 Insightful Comments:

Tracy said...

that's how i remember india every time i leave..it can never leave us, it is within us, permanently..whether we want it to be or not. It just Is. I like it that way myself...xo

peaceloveyoga said...

Yes, indeed!!

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger