Saturday

12.1.08

"Those who have failed to work toward the truth have missed the purpose of living."
~Buddha


Even though I went to bed late last night, I was up early. Got up, changed, and went straight to the mat. This month I'm participating in WoYoPracMo...yeah, breaking a bit of the Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga tradition, being that its Saturday...however, its been fun joining a community of practitioners.

When lying in savasana this morning after practice...I had that good tired feeling. Like, I had maxed out every muscle, delivering valuable prana and oxygen to the deep layers of the body. Soooo nice.

Right now I'm reading a great book about intention, and I just read an excerpt stating that one's purpose is not as much about what you do as it is about how you feel...I love that. I'm finally getting it. What an important concept to remember moving forward. Its gotta feel good...its gotta feel right.

More and more, on my constant quest for truth. I've come to realize the importance of continually connecting to the Source beyond the 5 senses. No matter what endeavor I take on, that is what is most important. Sometimes we get caught up in the labels...stating that is who we are...but we are more. Yeah...I practice yoga, and its a big part of my life, but its a tool...and because I do it more days than not, makes me no better than anyone else. It only gives me the grace of connection. Its a beautiful instrument that deepens my awareness and connection to others. Its easy to connect with other yogis, raw foodist, vegetarians, Buddhist, like minded people...whatever, but to be an example to others and find common ground, and compassion with those who may not even be interested in those things...now that's huge. Its all about being That which we are as often as possible. Its just when I make it to my mat or meditation cushion regularly, when that realization becomes all the more easier. And, damn it! I have this silly tendency to forget. But when I feel the grace...when I feel the truth of our infinity...wow...it can be mind blowing...and like I've said before, it makes me feel sooooo big and yet...sooooo small.

Very humbling...

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger