A Dedication

4.2.10



"Yoga, as a way of life and a philosophy, can be practiced by anyone with inclination to undertake it, for yoga belongs to humanity as a whole. It is not the property of any one group or any one individual, but can be followed by any and all, in any corner of the globe, regardless of class, creed or religion."

(Sri K. Pattabhi Jois)

Wow. So I'm here. Another trip to Mysore, India and it's odd to feel as if I've never left. This place has a way of doing just that. A home away from home. A coming in one way, a leaving out another. Things begin to transform in a way you don't even realize they have. Like a thief in the night. What I once thought was there, was not, to comfortably understand I didn't need it anyway. Less is more. There is more in less.

First things first. Sri K. Pattabhi Jois. His spirit lives on with each breath taken in the shala from each and every person. It's felt. Joyously felt.

Before I go on and on into the inner workings of my trip, I'd like to leave it at that. Through tireless devotion, dedication and love, mountains move, hearts join, and lives are forever changed. KPJ was an example of it, and for that, I'm forever thankful to experience, if only a little bit, what the path of yoga reveals.

4 Insightful Comments:

Kali Om said...

Thank you for writing this. I read all the blogs, and no one even mentions Guruji, or his absence. It was breaking my heart. But now it is full again. Om shanti.

Tracy said...

Love you so~~ Thank You...just for being you. Give India my love~~~

Ahu said...

It is great to meet you finally! Yes, the magical energy in the shala is still there! I have not experienced the energy I feel during practice here anywhere else... I guess here is what we feel from practicing where Guruji thought to many people and also being below where he used to live...

peaceloveyoga said...

Yes! So nice to meet you as well, Ahu. I totally agree about the energy in the shala. No matter what, it proves to be an incredible experience.

Muah! xoxoxo.

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger