Monkey Business

12.5.07















Well...Let's just say I have been slacking a bit with my blog...missing several days of entries...but that doesn't mean I haven't been doing much. I been out exploring more...experiencing Mysore...adventuring out of Gokolum...seeing the sights. Not to worry though, I am still a yoga bum. I am very proud of that. I just wasn't doing a good job of it the last several days...now I am wiped out. That good tired you get from feeling like you experienced something new!
Also, since being here I have had a bit of digestive issues. I won't go into detail...but food hasn't been sticking to me all that much. I've lost a few lbs...but I still feel healthy. I have just tried to back off on some of the spicy foods...even though I love it. However, things have leveled off...stomach is feeling so much better today.
Along with yoga practice...I enrolled in a Sanskrit reading, writing, and chanting class at AYRI. We meet 3x's a week, and that has been enjoyable. Might as well learn as much as I can while I am here. I met a bloke (I had to say that) from Australia who knows someone who teaches copoeria too...I will be checking into that while I am here as well.
So, I thought the fact that I am far from the States that my shopping addiction would subside while in India. WRONG. I love it. I have been going a little overboard and its only been over a week since I have been here. I really need to pace myself...and my money! I am sure the novelty of it will wear off at one point. However, I promised today that I am done for at least a month. I mean I have bought clothes (Fabindia...I highly recommend), jewelry, pashminas.....books...I gotta stop. Seriously.
Me and my friend from Thailand did some dead serious sight seeing in and around Mysore...which I will go into detail in my next entry...its getting late and I need to be up at 4:00am for yoga class. Peace.

5 Insightful Comments:

suzie said...

I love your blog and look forward to it every day! Can't wait to hear all about your experiences in Mysore.

Namaste.

Susan from Columbus

Reese Lamb said...

OMG. You are in a nother country doing yoga!
I didn't know they had yoga in India.

Reese Lamb said...

You are very pretty too BTW.

Unknown said...

heyy.. I recognize that pic !
It's from Chamundi Hills temple !
please tell me am right :-)

Half way down the hill ... you could get an awesome view of the city being lit up in the night. You ought to try it once if u havent yet !

peaceloveyoga said...

Yes! That is Chamundi Hill temple...right on!

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger