Pura Vida Spirit..."Pure Spirit"

28.5.07















I have been lucky enough to come across a word...or a saying that from now on I would like to embrace. Pura Vida...a Costa Rican saying meaning experiencing the best life...its about friendship, relaxation, flirting, happiness and fun...about having a beautiful experience...free spirit...love for life. This is a way of being...a place we should all easily be able to relax into. My only question is why does it seem so hard at times?? Does it have to? Can we live in this state for most of our lives?? If our natural state is joy and happiness...then shouldn't it be an easy goal to attain. So...what stands in the way? I can't speak for anyone else but for me...but its my freakin' head...that gets in the way! If I just started living more through my heart instead of my head...how great would that be. I am finally realizing that there is no better way to live than there...in that place. Deep in the heart. Because it never lies...its true...its truthful...its genuine. However, I guess I can't fault the part of myself that has been guarded...it has served me at one point...and there is no point in beating oneself over the silly things we do...not to feel...many times we do all we can...not to go there...and to really express that true part of ourselves...even if it is painful. So...I think...I'm ready...ready to jump...!! Live and Let Live...right?! Freedom...that is what I seek...its about the dance...that's it...no more...no less.

So, life in India...I honestly can't complain...about anything...I absolutely love it. I know I sound like a broken record, but its true. The everyday is so simple...life really does not have to be so complicated...and I have been inspired on many levels since landing here. What I do with this inspiration...we'll see what comes of it...

Practice...is coming along. Last few practices I have really been seeing Sharath's eyes on me...I'm telling you...he doesn't miss a beat. He hasn't given me much verbal or physical adjustments...but I am still getting everything I need some how. I feel like my practice has really strengthened even more...on a subtle level that is. And, somehow I am able to just let my practice go when I'm done. I am just enjoying the dance. No accomplishing...no attainment...no grasping...just enjoying my breath...enjoying the movement my body expresses with each asana...no more...no less. Peace.

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger