Gossip

5.1.09

Those who know don’t talk. Those who talk don’t know. Close your mouth, block off your senses, blunt your sharpness, untie your knots, soften your glare, settle your dust. This is the primal identity. Be like the Tao. It can’t be approached or withdrawn from, benefited or harmed, honored or brought into disgrace. It gives itself up continually. That is why it endures.

~ The Tao Te Ching



Interesting. Arriving to Mysore, I found that I've been the topic of idle gossip. I find it funny that those who talk, know nothing about me, and are way of base when it comes to the truth. At first it made me angry. But after some time I've decided to take it as a learning opportunity on how words can destroy others, and that I shouldn't participate in idle gossip as much as I can help it. Of course, this will be challenging. However, I've learned there is always more to the story.

Often when listening to others it only illustrates their own character versus the character of those they are gossiping about.

So, it all comes down to letting go. Things like this will continue to happen, and I'm fine with it. I can't worry about what others decide to say, I can only be vigilant regarding my own actions and how it affects others.

In the past year I've been put in situations where I did the best I could with what knew at the time. I decided to take the fall for something, when in turn, I was only trying to help someone in need. I don't need to explain further for only those important to me know the truth. It all comes down to intention. With that being said there are no regrets.

Every moment has something to teach. As I move forward, hopefully I'll be better for it.


6 Insightful Comments:

Ursula said...

Dear Laruga,

A former German politician used to say:
I don't mind if people talk badly about me, I don't mind if people talk nicely about me. As long as they talk about me everything is OK. (or like that,it's freely translated by me.)

Enjoy.

Ursula

Tracy said...

wow..my protective instinct went into play when i read this post...protective, as in, protecting my friend...(must be the mother instinct in me!!)
i didn't like what i read either. but you know what they say about those who gossip,
they are insecure in themselves so they feel the need to shoot others down in order to make themselves feel better. So sad...you would think that being in Mysore, practicing Yoga, chanting, studying sanskrit, sightseeing...yada yada yada..it would give a person SO much to do, they wouldn't have time to gossip..Guess I was wrong. Oh well..Keep Shining Bright my Beautiful friend!
love you~

peaceloveyoga said...

Thanks ladies. Wow, you two are great! I'm so over it...and things are unfolding beautifully...

xoxox

Wayne said...

You are a lovely person. Period.

chasing rainbows said...

lg, i hate to even comment on this. i feel the same way as tracy. i just pray that all of my friends that i am not with are safe and happy. it sounds as though you are not dwelling on it, but if you need to talk, i'll be on skype this weekend. peace & love, k.

Unknown said...

My favorite story on gossip involves the pillow--once the feathers are unleashed on the world, there's no telling where they've gone or gathering them back up. Great blog, love. xo

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger