Work and Career

18.6.09




Leisure is a form of silence, not noiselessness. It is the silence of contemplation such as occurs when we let our minds rest on a rosebud, a child at play, a Divine mystery, or a waterfall.

-Fulton J. Sheen


Having a week of solid rain in Stockholm really makes you appreciate the sun, that's for sure! I was beginning to wonder how much water could actually fall from the sky, and for how long. At any rate, nothing beats the Scandinavian air - it really is like no other place I've been - a pure and simple pleasure to breathe it in.

With the rainy weather, I suffered my first sinus infection I've had in a long time. Ever since going deep into Yoga it's a rarity to be afflicted with a cold of any kind. Being forced to power-down gave me the opportunity to re-evaluate a few things. There will be lots to hammer out with the impending move to Sweden. I'll have to leave the country to process paperwork to legally live here, and both DF and I are a bit uncertain about how long it will take.

Along with that, I've been chewing on several possibilities when it comes to work and career. Yes, the Yoga teaching will always be there, however there are other avenues I feel pulled and open to pursue. Why not. In many ways, my Yoga practice opens the portals within myself to be expressive and creative, so to have another outlet in my "work" would be delightful, and I feel compelled to explore what that means.

I guess now I've come to a place where it isn't about ambition. The themes that ring true are collaboration, inspiration, and creative expression. Where the work in itself brings a sense of completeness.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 Insightful Comments:

Tracy said...

I am excited to hear about your new work ideas! With you..the Sky is the Limit! xxoo

peaceloveyoga said...

Thank you, Tracy! xo.

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger