Giving Thanks

26.11.09

Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

(Steve Jobs)

Swedes don't celebrate Thanksgiving. Obviously. So, it's any other day. However, it's still an excuse to celebrate!! A celebration in gratitude. Stepping into the energy of appreciation, and graciousness seems to be the ladder that lifts me out of negativity, and despair. There is always something to be grateful for no matter how bad things get. Taking a moment to consciously bring yourself into the alignment of gratitude puts everything into perspective and proper order. Graciousness brings more grace. Grace brings lightness into our souls as we trust that all we need is available to us.

On this day I'm reminded that the most important things in life are those of the immaterial. What carries on through eternity is the love, kindness, and compassion we've given, acquired and received in our lives. And how interesting is it that what causes the most conflict in our world are over the material that in no way sustain our spirits or are taken with us when we pass from this life. Talk about putting things into perspective.

So, even though there will be no grand Thanksgiving feast for me today to fill my belly, my heart is full, and I must say, there's no better feeling.

Blessings to you and yours!!!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 Insightful Comments:

Tracy said...

You are Blessed right where you stand this Very Moment...and you know that..and that is what I Love about you! Another Shining Spirit in my life that I am so grateful for~ Love you my friend! xxx

peaceloveyoga said...

Wow, Tracy, Thank you!

You are such a light that I feel you radiate all the way here in Sweden!!

Love you!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxox.

Tiffany said...

You are gushing...it's disguisting.


hahaha I love it!!

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger