Gamble Everything for Love

18.2.12

Taken in Mysore, India




Gamble everything for love,
if you’re a true human being.
If not, leave this gathering.

Half-heartedness doesn’t reach
into majesty. You set out
to find God, but then you keep
stopping for long periods
at mean-spirited roadhouses.

The sun is Love. The Lover,
a speck circling the sun.
A Spring wind moves to dance
any branch that isn’t dead.

Something opens our wings. Something
makes boredom and hurt disappear.
Someone fills the cup in front of us.
We taste only sacredness.

I have lived on the lip
of insanity, wanting to know the reasons,
knocking on a door. It opens.
I’ve been knocking from the inside!

Dance, when you are broken open.
Dance, when you’ve torn the bandage off.
Dance in the middle of the fighting.
Dance in your blood.
Dance, when you’re perfectly free.

Let the lover be disgraceful, crazy
Absentminded. Someone sober
Will worry about things going badly.
Let the lover be.

I would love to kiss you.
The price of kissing is your life.
Now my loving is running toward my life shouting,
What a bargain, let’s buy it.

When I am with you, we stay up all night.
When you’re not here, I can’t go to sleep.
Praise God for these two insomnias!
And the difference between them.

You that came to birth and bring the mysteries,
your voice-thunder makes us very happy.
Roar, lion of the heart,
and tear me open.

Out beyond ideas of right doing and wrong doing, there is a field. 

I'll meet you there.


- Rumi 





0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger