Boxing Day

26.12.09

Made it further north than Stockholm for the first time. Currently in Ludvika visiting my Bf's parents. It has snowed, and snowed some more. Talk about a white Christmas.

From the train station we took a bus into town where there were miles of pine forest. The trees covered in snow. Everything white. The way the sun lays low on the horizon gave the scene a quiet, somber feel. Extremely beautiful in a melancholic way. Dark and bright at the same time. Expansive. Cozy. A winter twilight.

Sweden. I giggle at the thought. Still. A year ago if someone would have told me I'd be living here I would've been like. Huh?! What? Are you crazy?! But, you know, in reality, Sweden is a hidden jewel. There's an untouched beauty here. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys travel, such as I.

Also, I'm shocked that I'm enjoying the cold weather. How did this happen? I always thought I was a tropical girl. Palm trees. Saltwater. Drinks with little umbrellas in them. A flower in my hair. I guess I can be both. A snow bird, and a beach bum. Geez. If I can't find waves to surf, maybe I'll have to find hills to snow board on or something. Hmmm. Now there's an idea.

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger