Meditation in August

1.8.10


"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."
(Bruce Lee)

I've decided to dedicate the month of August to deepen and re-establish my meditation practice, along with continuing my morning pages, stream of conscious writing. I've never had a problem being consistent with my yoga practice, however my meditation has flex and flowed over the years for whatever reason. Now, I simply feel called to sit. It's coming from the inside with no external pressures to fulfill some type of mold when partaking in such things. Better that way. Just like when yoga found me, and I found it - it was a calling, a pull that took me as much as I took to it. It must come from this place. Hopefully, I'll have interesting insights and reflections to share throughout the month, or maybe not. We'll see. Only time will tell. 

4 Insightful Comments:

(0v0) said...

Yay!

In case you're interested, this is how I work-play it: http://www.swamij.com/yoga-sutras-11216.htm

With you in spirit,

Tracy said...

just last night before drifting off to sleep I said some of those exact words to Ray...
and now, I know it's time for me to bring myself back to that sacred gift as well...
so, I will be joining you my friend~ xx

peaceloveyoga said...

@ OvO - looked over the site. Really awesome! I've come across it before but under another topic. Really good stuff.

@ Tracy - Ha! Sounds like we're on the same wavelength. Best of luck!

(0v0) said...

Yes, it's a great resource!

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger