Over the Weekend

30.4.12


Our task is to listen to the news that is always arriving out of silence. - Rainer Maria Rilke

It was a wonderful weekend! Busy! I worked, but it wasn't work in the arduous sense. I hosted a weekend backbending workshop, and I had a blast. Something happens when I get lost in sharing a passion. Time flies as I loose all sense of time. Now that winter seems to be loosing it's hold, as well, I've become newly inspired. It's just easier when the temps rise, the sun comes out, and the greenery makes it initial debut. The challenge is taking that inspiration into the darker, colder months.

Living in Stockholm, I've definitely had to learn to adapt and change with the seasons. When last November came around I hit a major wall. At frist I tried to fight it, but then I realized, I need to go with it. I rested more, focused on proper diet to support the season, and accepted the fact that I would be working on a lower register until I re-calibrated.

Anyway, who wants to think about all that when we have loads of daylight now? No me. It's crazy how fast and how long the daylight changes by each passing day. Even though this is my fourth spring here I haven't gotten used to it at all. It's always fascinating. Coming out of winter it almost doesn't seem possible that it will get light and green again, but somehow it always does.







1 Insightful Comments:

Anonymous said...

Loads of daylight indeed! And who needs those earlight thingies anymore? Not me. Except until next November comes. But let´s not worry about that now.

-m

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger