"Truth is something which can't be told in a few words. Those who simplify the universe only reduce the expansion of its meaning."
~Anais Nin


In the silence I have discovered something special. And, isn't it interesting how much of our culture teaches us to deviate from that. To be silent. Or, to just listen. Stopping for a moment to feel...instead of being numb. We do all we can to run away from the pain. Hey! I'm guilty of it. But I always remember something Tim Miller said in a workshop...something like...it takes a thorn to dig out a thorn...meaning, it can be painful to release something painful...but in the end, obviously, we are better for it. At this moment in time I'm getting in touch with my 'blocks'. You know, those pesky things that get in the way of our true nature. However, I'm taking a gentler approach to them this time around. Just observing them...trying not to resist them or push them away...looking at it...seeing them for what they really are...Not being part of my true being...and simply releasing them. Its so funny how they start to just bubble up in certain situations. And, thankfully I have been able to put most of them in check. But, the gentle approach seems to be working. I truly believe the more one resists the more things persists.

I have still been continuing with my daily practice on my own...totally on my own. I haven't taken any classes. I haven't felt the need. I enjoy the alchemy that happens when alone practicing. If one is open to it...magic has a way of stepping in. Because, it becomes something that has nothing to do with anyone else. Its just you. And, many times we run from ourselves. So even though it has been challenging at times...I see it as an adventure. An exploration into my own depth of being...tapping into a deep well of something...training the mind to stop. Wow, that has been a challenge. No running, no hiding...here I am!

P.S. Just launched my new online scrapbook, check it out.

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger