Being & Doing

10.7.09

"When you become comfortable with uncertainty, infinite possibilities open up in your life."
- Eckhart Tolle


This morning when practicing, I had a moment where I realized the difference between doing and being in each posture.

Through the years, even though flowing through the same sequence, the richness lies in finding newness and presence everyday. Some days it's a struggle. Other days everything seems to flow with ease and effortlessness. Accepting that today wasn't like yesterday, and being with whatever has changed, has given me the experience on the mat to then take into daily life.

Like Tim Miller would say - "It's the same sequence, but everyday is different."

It can be easy to get caught up in the accomplishment of postures, however with that, there is little experience with Grace. Balancing the effort with non-doing starts to become a subtle practice.

After Mysore, India, I stayed true with where Sharath guided me, and found total satisfaction with scaling back, and becoming less concerned with how far I've come, and more into how deep I can go. It's never ending. Instead of spreading myself thin, I found unlimited abundance with simply being where I am.

Now I've come to a point where I've listened to my inner voice, and pressed on a bit further, knowing that nothing has been lost, and nothing is really gained by doing so. All is already available, and always has been.

It's so cool how our teachers have a way of subtly teaching us these vast and important lessons.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger