Enthusiasm

17.12.08



Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful, and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson



Enthusiasm. Sometimes, that's all it takes. Mr. Chow, my new friend and acquaintance has taught me all about it. Never have I met someone who exuded enthusiasm so fully, such as him. I'm sure there are others out there. Just haven't met them yet. Anyway, plain and simple, with enthusiasm, it vibrates an energy that, for sure, attracts magnificent things. But not only that, it comes with embracing ALL that is before you. No judgments. No expectations.

Pretty darn cool.

The times I have spent with Mr. Chow he consistently tells me...Ohh. I'm very lucky. So very, very lucky. Lucky. Then after that he will say. I'm happy. Very happy. Soo very happy. Happy. Then he'll look at me, and ask...Are you happy?

He says this every time I see him.

It's funny, because his energy is so infectious, and he extends such light and laughter, that naturally I say...Yes. I'm very happy. How could I not be? He has enough happiness for the two of us!

He's a wealthy business man that beyond making money obviously finds joy in entertaining others, and connecting with people. He chooses to drive an old Volvo, while his wife drives a high-end European export. He adores his family, and loves children, and somehow balances many things, with zest and passion, while radiating a smile from ear to ear.

Whether in business, or out an about, touring Taiwan, consistently, he emanates a constant enthusiasm. At first, I didn't know how to take it. But, then I had to ask myself what's my resistance to it? Once I got my answer. It's been good times all the way. I'm really learning something here.

Simply put, it's a fun experience being in the presence of someone who finds pleasure and excitement from the simplest of things to the most grand.

Coolness.

0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger