East Coast

23.12.08



Shedding one's skin. The snake that cannot shed skin perishes. So do the spirits who are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be spirit.

~ Nietzsche


I spent the last couple days exploring the east coast of Taiwan. What beauty. The east side is far less populated in contrast to the west, where the majority of Taiwan's inhabitants reside. The reason, is the west has a larger plateau in relationship to the mountains, which make up most of the the island's interior. On the east side, the plateau is only a fraction in comparison. So, it makes for challenges in regards to transportation and development. Which I say, bravo! Why spoil it by building more roads and buildings. In addition, the coast gets plummeted during typhoon season. Most of the devastating storms enter the country from this side, which in turn, can be a challenge from time to time.

With all that being said, I truly fell in love with the east coast. Breathtaking views of the mountains and ocean are all around. My two favorite things coming together. On the particular day we were out, the waves from the Pacific were large and looming. The wind relentless. Powerful. Needless to say I lost my favorite scarf from the ravages of the wind. Poof! It slipped off my neck. Gone. In a blink of an eye, as we crossed the bridge to Sanstiantai Island. You talk about wind. The wind was so strong, I thought my eyelids were gonna rip off. I'm not joking.

The waves coming in were especially large. Scary and beautiful at the same time. I don't know what it is, but the ocean puts me into a trance. The bigger and scarier the wave, the more entranced. I kept wanting to step closer and closer. Feeling the clap and thunder, as each wave crashed a shore. How small I felt. How small and insignificant in comparison to the awe and wonder before me. I loved every minute of this feeling.

The group could have left me out there for hours, as they went about their day, and I would have been fully satisfied to sit and watch. Feeling one with each magnificent wave.

2 Insightful Comments:

Tiffany said...

"The wind was so strong, I thought my eyelids were gonna rip off. I'm not joking."

Hahaha bad for contacts

peaceloveyoga said...

yeah! i'm not a contact wearer but I could only imagine if I were...they would have been gone with the scarf!! No Doubt.

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger