Enlightenment

25.5.08




If you don't realize the source, you stumble in confusion and sorrow. When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandmother, dignified as a king.

~Lao-Tzu




Okay, so I don't even have a clue what enlightenment is...nor do I ponder whether I will attain it. However, its interesting how we tend to think we know what self-realization is...or, better yet, what it's supposed to look like.

I remember once a mentor of mine told me that she new of an enlightened master who smoked cigarettes and cussed. Now that made me laugh. Because in our minds we conjure up what the picture will be, when in essence maybe those who are enlightened are completely, and entirely who they ARE always at any given moment...no matter what...living their Truth.

Simple, simple, simple...not always easy, easy, easy... :)



Practice Notes:

Felt unusually stiff this morning, and the mind active. So...it wasn't the most fluid and graceful practice ever...nevertheless I made it through...and what a relief. It's always worth it in the end... even when it feels like the body resists wanting to bend. :)


0 Insightful Comments:

 

PEACE LOVE YOGA © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger